One important rule to keep in mind with menu planning is to be flexible. Just minutes after posting my menu for the week, our plans changed.
My parents came through Mankato on an impromptu visit and decided to grab the kids (actually, I think that is the only reason they stopped!)
This left just my husband and me. So, we took advantage of the free babysitters and went out to eat for a much-deserved date night.
I forget how nice it is to eat a meal and only have to cut my own food. Being able to have an uninterrupted conversation with my husband with no spilled milk was a recharge of the batteries.
Here’s a photo of what is left of my sweet salmon with pineapple salsa, roasted potatoes and broccoli. YUM!
Thanks Mom and Dad!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- It's that kind of day! #flatwhite to the rescue! @starbucks #coffee #caffeine #motivation… instagram.com/p/BXndpONFi9C/ 1 week ago
- Look at all that color! Dragon fruit, passion fruit, kiwano and pepino melons, lychees and so… instagram.com/p/BXWHed3lgAm/ 2 weeks ago
- Look what we just got in! @siggisdairy #triplecream. So creamy! This would be an AMAZING fruit… instagram.com/p/BXV3inwFfUK/ 2 weeks ago
- 🌽Looking for an easy way to take corn off the cob? 🌽 #hyveeseasons #corn #cornonthecob #helpful… instagram.com/p/BXVo2YwlBwW/ 2 weeks ago
- Obsessed! Cultured cottage cheese! 🥄 #cottagecheese #dairy #undeniablydairy #dairygood… instagram.com/p/BXDzwTPlRhz/ 3 weeks ago