On cold winter mornings, I love a nice, hot breakfast. Most weekdays I grab a whole-wheat peanut butter bagel and banana as I scramble to get myself and the kids ready and out the door. So when we have more time on the weekends, I like to sit down and enjoy my breakfast.
One of my favorite hot breakfasts is Muesli. This is a slight twist on the traditional oatmeal. Muesli varies, but typically it includes oats, other grains, dried fruit and seeds/nuts. You can make your own mixture or pick up a pre-mixed package such as Bob’s Red Mill. My muesli includes rolled oats, wheat, rye, triticale, barley, almonds, date crumbles, raisins, sunflower seeds and walnuts.
I used water to make (in my Pyrex measuring cup of course) then added a bit of milk, honey and cinnamon. Add a few slices of ripe banana and you will have a very satisfying (and easy) hot breakfast.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 😍😍 instagram.com/p/BVxJWBVF_J3/ 8 hours ago
- Seeing @melissajoyrd post with @lacolombecoffee Draft Latte made me want my own. Love this… instagram.com/p/BVm87FkFRVf/ 4 days ago
- It is #rfgonaked Day! Post a make up-free selfie, use #rfgonaked, and tag me for a chance to win… instagram.com/p/BVmhNkfFqBp/ 4 days ago
- When your daughter gets as excited as you do for #eggs and #avocadotoast! 🙌🏼 🍳🥑. #breakfast… instagram.com/p/BVUmMJUljtd/ 1 week ago
- That will do! #icecream #coldstone #chocolate #thisrdeats #yum #food #dessert #gottahaveit #likeit instagram.com/p/BVTNGpjFXNt/ 1 week ago