On cold winter mornings, I love a nice, hot breakfast. Most weekdays I grab a whole-wheat peanut butter bagel and banana as I scramble to get myself and the kids ready and out the door. So when we have more time on the weekends, I like to sit down and enjoy my breakfast.
One of my favorite hot breakfasts is Muesli. This is a slight twist on the traditional oatmeal. Muesli varies, but typically it includes oats, other grains, dried fruit and seeds/nuts. You can make your own mixture or pick up a pre-mixed package such as Bob’s Red Mill. My muesli includes rolled oats, wheat, rye, triticale, barley, almonds, date crumbles, raisins, sunflower seeds and walnuts.
I used water to make (in my Pyrex measuring cup of course) then added a bit of milk, honey and cinnamon. Add a few slices of ripe banana and you will have a very satisfying (and easy) hot breakfast.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- It's that kind of day! #flatwhite to the rescue! @starbucks #coffee #caffeine #motivation… instagram.com/p/BXndpONFi9C/ 1 week ago
- Look at all that color! Dragon fruit, passion fruit, kiwano and pepino melons, lychees and so… instagram.com/p/BXWHed3lgAm/ 2 weeks ago
- Look what we just got in! @siggisdairy #triplecream. So creamy! This would be an AMAZING fruit… instagram.com/p/BXV3inwFfUK/ 2 weeks ago
- 🌽Looking for an easy way to take corn off the cob? 🌽 #hyveeseasons #corn #cornonthecob #helpful… instagram.com/p/BXVo2YwlBwW/ 2 weeks ago
- Obsessed! Cultured cottage cheese! 🥄 #cottagecheese #dairy #undeniablydairy #dairygood… instagram.com/p/BXDzwTPlRhz/ 3 weeks ago