On cold winter mornings, I love a nice, hot breakfast. Most weekdays I grab a whole-wheat peanut butter bagel and banana as I scramble to get myself and the kids ready and out the door. So when we have more time on the weekends, I like to sit down and enjoy my breakfast.
One of my favorite hot breakfasts is Muesli. This is a slight twist on the traditional oatmeal. Muesli varies, but typically it includes oats, other grains, dried fruit and seeds/nuts. You can make your own mixture or pick up a pre-mixed package such as Bob’s Red Mill. My muesli includes rolled oats, wheat, rye, triticale, barley, almonds, date crumbles, raisins, sunflower seeds and walnuts.
I used water to make (in my Pyrex measuring cup of course) then added a bit of milk, honey and cinnamon. Add a few slices of ripe banana and you will have a very satisfying (and easy) hot breakfast.
Join 2,501 other followers
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Never in a million years did I think that working would look like this! As a registered dietitian by trade, my offi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 years ago
- Check out these fun, hands-on @KiwiCo projects for young scientists, artists & makers ages 0-16+. kiwico.com/?utm_source=tw… 4 years ago
- I ♥️🐷. Digging in with pork fabrication today. Check out my insta stories for more of my… instagram.com/p/BZlpCcjHOup/ 5 years ago
- It's that kind of day! #flatwhite to the rescue! @starbucks #coffee #caffeine #motivation… instagram.com/p/BXndpONFi9C/ 5 years ago
- Look at all that color! Dragon fruit, passion fruit, kiwano and pepino melons, lychees and so… instagram.com/p/BXWHed3lgAm/ 5 years ago