We have all heard of Thanksgiving, but Friendsgiving is the new kid in town. A traditional Thanksgiving meal, except with friends, this meal is traditionally served the weekend before or after Turkey Day. Whether you are a Friendsgiving newbie, or an old pro, here are 10 rules to make your party the best yet.
- The host makes the turkey.
- Send out old-school paper invites.
- Be mindful of dietary restrictions (and talk to you Hy-Vee dietitian for suggestions).
- The most reliable friend brings the appetizers.
- Potatoes and stuffing are a MUST!
- It’s okay if the cranberries come from a can.
- Set a proper table.
- Everyone brings wine… one person brings whiskey.
- Choose a friend with good taste in music to DJ.
Most importantly, here is how to ROAST the BEST turkey of your life!