I have recently been asked by several people to post my fish taco recipe. I do have it posted here, in my Menu Plan Monday post, but thought they were great enough to not have to share the limelight! – pun intended.
Prepared for your life to be changed. These tacos are amazing. If you haven’t ever tried fish tacos before, don’t scrunch up your nose. Instead, grab some fish fillets, tortillas, lime, cilantro, shredded cabbage and avocados and brace your self!
This is a modified recipe from a long-time friend of mine.
The fish tacos of all fish tacos!
(Serves 2: 2 tacos each).
All you need:
¼ cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
1 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp salt, divided
¼ tsp black pepper, divided
2 cups shredded cabbage
½ cup chopped cilantro
½ jalapeño, seeded and diced (optional)
4 green onions, diced
2 (8 oz each) white fish fillets (tilapia, cod, mahi mahi, swai)
1 tbsp canola oil
4 corn tortillas or crunchy taco shells
1/2 avocado, sliced
All you do:
1. In a medium bowl, mix Greek yogurt, lime juice, ¼ tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper. Reserve half for dressing later.
2. Mix half of dressing with cabbage, cilantro, jalapeño and green onions. Set aside.
3. Season fish with remaining ¼ tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Cook in oil in skillet for 8-10 minutes or until it is opaque and flaky.
4. Heat a separate pan on the stove. Spray the pan with cooking spray, taking time to warm both sides of the tortilla.
5. To assemble taco, place fish into tortilla; top with cabbage mixture, sliced avocado and remaining dressing.
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 510; Total Fat 19 g; Saturated Fat 3.5 g; Carbohydrates 33 g; Dietary Fiber 6 g; Protein 52 g; Sodium 730 mg
I seldom drop comments, but i did a few searching and wound up here Fish Tacos.
They changed my life! | This RD Eats!. And I do have a few
questions for you if you usually do not mind. Could it be simply me or does it appear like some of these responses come across like they
are coming from brain dead folks? 😛 And, if you are posting
on additional online social sites, I’d like to keep up with anything new you have to post. Could you make a list of every one of all your communal pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?