You say chickpeas, I say garbanzo beans… We’re both right!
I love a good salty, crunchy snack. Can anyone say potato chip? And I have found a new favorite. Garbanzo beans, when roasted, are crispy, crunchy, and hearty.
This homemade version takes about 5 minutes of hands-on time. You’ll want to save your energy for all the snacking you will be doing later.
This recipe is so simple and uses ingredients that I always have on hand.
- Canned garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas)
A word to the wise, go ahead and make a double batch (using 2 separate pans), but don’t eat a double batch in one sitting. These are still beans, and they may “talk back”. (Not that I know from experience or anything…)
Roasted Garbanzo Beans
All you need:
1 (15 oz can) garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt, to taste
Seasonings (I like garlic powder and smoked paprika).
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rinse and drain the beans. Pour on a towel and thoroughly pat dry.
- Spread the beans onto a parchment-lined baking pan (foil can work in a pinch). Drizzle the beans with oil and thoroughly coat. Spread around the pan evenly, taking care not to over-crowd.
- Bake the beans for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Stir and place back into the oven for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with salt, to taste, and seasonings. Best when allows to cool at room temperature.