Oh me, oh my! These chicken nugget bites are a keeper. Consider them pinned!
I’m always on the look out for recipes that are easy, quick, healthy and delicious (I mean, who isn’t?). My kids are always asking for chicken nuggets (thanks to a certain grandma who has been known to take them to a specific restaurant that serves said nuggets), but I’m fairly picky when it comes to my chicken. So I set out to create a chicken nugget that all of us would like.
The recipe is so simple and easy. It requires only 3 ingredients and my 5-year-old and 3-year-old did most of the work.
All you need is honey mustard dressing, honey mustard pretzels and chicken. Bam!
First, cut boneless, skinless chicken into nugget-sized pieces (or leave whole). Marinate with dressing for 1 hour (or overnight).
Grind pretzels up in a food processor (or smash them in a zip-top bag).
Take marinated chicken and dredge through pretzel crumbs, making sure to coat all sides.
Place chicken on a broiler pan (or if you are like me, put a cooling rack on a pan). For crispiness on all sides, you will want to do this.
Place in a 325 degree oven for 20-25 minutes (or until cooked through).
Honey Mustard Chicken Nugget Bites
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken (I used thighs)
1 cup honey mustard dressing (I used Cardini’s)
12 ounces honey mustard pretzels (I used Snyder’s)
1. Cut up chicken into nugget-sized pieces.
2. Place chicken and dressing in a container to marinate at least 1 hour.
3. Once ready to cook, preheat oven to 325 degrees.
4. Grind pretzels in food processor.
5. Dredge marinated chicken in crumbs making sure to coat all sides.
6. Place chicken onto a sprayed broiler pan or cooling rack on top of another baking pan.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165).